Monday, October 01, 2007

Starting down the rabbit hole...

I remember clearly the day, I was sitting in Mr.Snare's Modern World Problems class and we were discussing infertility and he gave us a stat of 1 in 7 people. 1 in 7 have difficulty getting or staying pregnant and when I heard those words I thought "I am the 1." It wasn't a dramatic thought, it wasn't feeling pessimistic, it was just... I knew. And today I had my confirmation. I felt so calm when Dr.Lisa said the words, no progesterone, no ovulation, no ovulation no baby. I felt like she was telling me my name, something I just new. I was together and fine, what do we do next, where do we go. But once I got back to work it started to sink in. There are lots of choices to make, together and for myself on my own. How much is too much? What am I willing to put myself through emotionally and physically? What am I willing to put Gil and my marriage through? The first step is to take the Metformin to try and get the PCOS under control, while I wait to get into the fertility doctor. Then I go for a hysterosalpingogram. It sounds really scary but it is just a dye test. Then the next step is Clomid. I don't really want to think about after that. I have to go process. I'll be in the tub.

No comments: