Monday, August 03, 2009

My awesome news!

Okay I didn't take this picture, I confess. However in 12 days I will be able to take something like it for myself!! On Friday Gil was finally home from his extended trip to the States. Okay, it was only 4 days, but I swear it felt like an eternity. I was having a seriously great day anyway have good morning snuggles AND a drive to work. I knew I was going to see friends I have been missing that evening.We were heading into a long weekend. I was pretty as happy as I thought I could get. Then I got a call from Gil at work. He says, can you talk to my boss about getting a few days off?? He says his boss if feeling bad about all the time we are missing each other, his boss feels bad because he is sending him away again, this time to Las Vegas for a trade show. His boss says if I am free to go they will send me with him. On their dime! Oh yes you heard me correctly. I am going to Vegas for 5 days for FREE! I let him know I have to talk to my boss. The schedule has been pretty tricky lately, I don't want to leave her in a pinch. If she says she needs me, I can't go. So I page her... oh god, what if she says no? She calls me back, I explain the situation from her. Of course she says yes. She is s cool about it, how could she stand between me and a free trip tp Vegas. A FREE TRIP TO VEGAS! I call Gil back. I am elated, I can't breath. Within the hour plans are arranged to get me an expedited passport. The flight is booked. The hotel (Trump International!) is booked. I am on top of the world!! My hubby and I are going to Vegas together. We have never flown anywhere together. I know he is going to have to work some but who cares!? We are going to VEGAS!!

No comments: