Saturday, April 17, 2010

So today I went back to Weight Watchers. I stepped on the scale and almost died. I am not going to tell you the number just yet, I am not ready for that kind of disclosure but it was big and I was heart broken. I need to loose some of this weight. I HAVE to do this. For me. For my health both mental and physical. I don't think it will be a stroll through the park. I know that I am facing some serious challenges in the coming days, weeks and months but I HAVE to do this.               
And I have to talk about it. Sorry folks but that is the kind of girl I am. I am going to talk about points, foods, poops, scales, hopes, fears... the whole god awful messy things because that is how I process, that is how I make things work.
Today I was told that I should write down 5 ways with dealing with my feelings WITHOUT food. Man that is hard because food is a part of EVERYTHING. The celebrations, the mourning, the stress, the PMS, the relaxing... all of it we do in this house by eating and so I don't really know how to deal with my feeling without food but I can give some ideas and hope that I can put them into practice.
1. Blog... well d'uh! I guess that I have been doing this one a while. Since my last good trip through WW actually. I need to do it more often. I am busy typing I am probably too busy to be belt feeding.
2. Cleaning. When my house is clean and organized my life feels more clean and organized and that makes me what to have a clean and organized body. Plus if my kitchen is clean then I don't have as many excuses to be eating fast food.
3. Walk. I always feel so good after I walk. The dogs totally need it. It is win win
4. Talk to people. I have a tendency to withdraw into this Meggy&Gilly world and not be social with other people. If I can be social and NOT turn it into a huge meal then that would be good I can try to walk and talk at the same time, that would be win-win-win!
5. Scrapbook. Such an amazing distraction, so much fun and I don't get boredom hungry when I am doing it.

No comments: