Sunday, April 11, 2010

Well I could give you some lame excuse about how busy I have been, about the floods and the basement reno and adding a SECOND dog to our ever expanding family but the truth of the matter is I have just been lazy. All those things are TOTALLY blog worthy but I haven't taken the time to sit down and write so my project for this week it to try and give myself 15-30 mins. a night to sit down and actually connect here. Having said that I have run out of things to say. JUST KIDDING. So yeah ....
Let's start with LuLu 'cause she is so dang cool. We have had her 4 days now and she has turned our whole lives, not to mention our house, up side down. She is a total rock star. And not some twinky think at the back playing tambourine, no she is the ass kicking, bass playing, bitchin' singer Rock Star. All wrapped up in a pretty, tiny (relatively speaking) red brindle package. She is very very social, she LOVES to play, she is very high energy since she is basically still a puppy, she won't be two until the end of May. She chews things. Lots of things....like shoes... and slippers... and dish towels. She is very very curious about what is on the counter so I have to get much better about cleaning up after myself as Oliver is so relaxed that I have become complacent. Speaking of Oliver, he loves her 99% of the time, he gets annoyed when she starts stealing his toys or trying to hang out in his crib with him but the rest of the time he thinks she is great. Also his anxiety level seems to have really come down with her around. He had all but stopped going for walks or leaving the yard because he gets paralyzed by fear but when she is with him he is just go-go-go. Today we took them to a fenced in ball field and let them run together and they had so much fun. He has been pretty much asleep the rest of the day. It was a busy weekend for him as we celebrated his 4th birthday on Saturday evening with a puppy party with a bunch of his doggy pals and doggy cake from Three Dog Bakery. It was so much fun. The house was full of dogs. The cats of course are totally traumatized but they will adjust, they always do. We hadn't intended on getting LuLu so soon, we knew we eventually wanted a second dog and we were told it would be good for Oliver to have a buddy but we thought we would wait until we had more time, more energy, a fenced in yard... you know all the stuff you wait for. But we took Oliver to play at GPAC for his birthday and somehow ended up leaving with a dog. The timing really isn't great but she is so what can we do? She is truly a keeper and she is ours now!
She has also made me realize something else. I have really let myself go. I am not tearing myself down or anything but the truth is I have stopped trying to take good care of myself and I need to get back. My back isn't healing because I am way too over weight and I am carrying too much weight for my back to handle. I am uncomfortable ALL the time. I need to make some positive changes. I need to be able to walk my dogs for more then 10 minutes without wanting to die. So I am heading back to Weight Watchers. I had great success with it before we got married. I came REALLY close to my goal and then did a total nose dive. I don't want to set any unrealistic goals. I just want to be healthy, I don't want to shorten my life by doing things I can prevent. Does that make sense? I am also going to start taking some pride in how I look. Get a hair cut, get some new clothes that aren't all ratty. Start shaving my legs more then once a month! LOL. My husband will likely think I am having an affair but I have to start putting some value into how I feel about me or what is the damn point? I mean I practically live in sweats and pony tails because that is all that is comfortable any more. I am not an ugly girl, I have have to start treating myself better. YEAH! SO THERE!
Now I have to get going, I have dogs who need to poop and cats who need to scream at me a bit more about how I have ruined their lives. It is almost like I have teenagers. Be back tomorrow, same Battime, same Batplace.

No comments: