Monday, September 13, 2010

... signifying nothing.

Today was one of those Mondays that give all the other ones a bad name. Although it started off great with a very productive 6:30 start it quickly went to shit, literally Oliver had a poop accident while I was in the shower and Lulu peed on the dining room floor while I was getting my shoes on to take them out. I wasn't going to let this dampen my spirit. I made a cup of tea, folded some laundry, put a new load in and checked my facebook. I also got Gil up and dressed and we both out the door with plenty of time to spare. I knew I would have a little extra work on my desk when I got in today because I was off on Friday but I wasn't expecting the MOUNTAIN of work waiting for me. Nor could I have foreseen the 8 billion customers would call first thing in the morning each with an urgent rush order. Certainly I didn't predict the my co-worker would be out sick with the flu so I would have to juggle the madness on my own with no time to stop for breaks or lunch.
Anyway I got through the day just fine with the help of many cups of tea and a very understanding boss. But when I got home my tummy started bugging and now it has developed into a fully on tummy ache which totally sucks. I had plans to get some stuff done this evening but I really only did dishes and some laundry, which I suppose is better then nothing. The house is really starting to come back together which is making me very happy. I just need to put in a little effort everyday to keep  it that way. I don't want to slide into winter funk and have the house look like one of those crazy houses on Hoarders. It helps that I am hosting book club at the end of the month and really want people to not think I live in a sty. I can't wait until the Autumnal Equinox so I can bring out all my beautiful fall decorations. I think I might love them even more then Christmas decorations.
Anyway it is getting late and I have another full day tomorrow. 6:30 comes SO early.
Sweet dreams.

No comments: