Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Zen and the art of Meghan Maintenance

I confess I am a UHM woman, Ultra High Maintenance, I can be very demanding. But I don't think it is unreasonable that I was Gil to be home in the days leading up to Christmas. Dammit we have stuff to do and I am tired of only seeing him on Sundays! It is Nova Scotia, you can't get any Christmas shopping done on a Sunday. I am tired of asking other people to please come drive me to the store. Last week I had to ask my older brother to drive me to the store so I could get some tampons. THAT WAS NOT COOL, not for either of us. Oh yes I could have walked, it was only -10. Or I could have taken the bus it would only have taken 2 hours to make a 5 minute trip. Gil suggested a cab, I told him what he could do with a cab. I am a spoiled little girl and I know it but I am used to having Gil home to run errands with me. I am used to having someone to hang out with when I want to hang. I am used to getting my own way and I like it. I don't know who is finding this project more stressful me or him. Now before you go passing judgement on me let me just say this... The project has been going on forever! I packed up all of the old house on my own, I moved us, I have been here unpacking all alone while in the midst of starting a new job and trying to get ready for the "holiday" (holiday my ass! Do you know ONE person who is feeling relaxed? I don't!!). I am doing it all on my own and I feel partnerless. I have seen him 6 days this month. I am exhausted, I mean it EXHAUSTED! I need Gil because he is my rock, he keeps me sane. I am lonley without him. So maybe I am a codependant basket case but who cares? I am a woman in love who has lost the holiday spirit 'cause it does not feel like Christmas without my sweet Baboo.
Having said that thank you to EVERYONE who has helped me out in the past few weeks. I have the best friends in the world.

No comments: