Monday, June 09, 2008

Well the weather is sensational, it was like 25 degrees and sunny most of the day. I love the summer. I hate being hot and sweaty and fat, but it is still better then winter.
We Richard's had a very interesting weekend! We (me, Gil and Tikka) had to spend the weekend in a hotel. Between the bathroom construction which apparently could not wait the 6 weeks until we move, and the car problems, 4pm on friday the idler pulley goes on the car, fucking GREAT, we were a mess. So at 5pm when we are supposed to be on road to the Koivu cottage for a romantic weekend for just the two of us, we were in fact sitting in the parking lot at Gil's work with a VERY overheated car, waiting for a tow and trying to find a garage that fix it quick and then a hotel room that will take a cat since the guys are already at our place starting the demolition of the bathroom. By the time we got there the cat was a MESS.
Anyway we managed to get in at the Holiday Inn and Aimee drove us all over the place, god bless her because she is an amazing friend. It took 24 hours and $300 but the car is fixed. The only thing that isn't better is the house. They are no where NEAR finished so we had to go get a shower at Sara's place yesterday and then this morning before work. I had to get up ungodly early to get our stuff together to go to have a shower. I am not doing that again tomorrow. I will just sponge bath. I truly hate early. God willing they will finish up in the next day or so.
Anyway for the most part I have had a pretty good sense of humour about the whole thing. At least Gil wasn't shipped off to Nigeria like some of his other co-workers!! And the weekend did have some highlights, I got to spend lots of time with Aimee. I watched Horton Hears a Who which made me laugh so hard stuff almost came out my nose. The beds at the Holiday Inn were really comfy and the food was shockingly good. The cat was uber well behaved. We got to spend some time with the Orlando's, and I got myself a new HOT PINK RAZR phone. too freaking cool. So the weekend was by no stretch a write off.
On the other hand the bulk of my work day today sucked. I was WaY tired from being up so ungodly early. At lunch time I was having a liter of water and about halfway through I looked in and there was a fucking SPIDER smirking at me. I was SOOOO disgusted. I am not usually all girly about bugs but I can't deal with them in my bed or near my mouth or nose. I think almost swallowing one counts as fucking icky!!! So that kinda ruined lunch, I was pretty much a big icky mess for the rest of the afternoon. Then I had the client from hell who was SOOOOO rude to me for performing my job correctly. I hate that. I am damn good at my job. As far as customer service goes I am a 5 star general. So I hate it when people treat me like dirt. Especially when they know they are in the wrong. The people I am dealing with are primarily in the service industry, they should know better, they should extend professional courtesy. when I am out and I am a consumer I am super nice to people because I KNOW what is like. I expect the same. Especially when they KNOW I am just doing my job.
Anyway I rant... It is late and this loony is getting pretty sleepy. Have a great tomorrow!

No comments: