Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sugar High

Have you ever had so much sugar that you felt drunk? How about had a hangover from it the next day? This is basically where I am at the moment. Minus the spins thank god. But I am certainly feeling like there were foreign invaders in my blood steam last night. We had SO much fun. We hosted a S'mores night. A few weeks ago Aimee and I were making S'mores on the BBQ and we started thinking off all the silly and creative ways we could make S'more other then the traditional method. And thus the idea was born. We invited a bunch of friends and every one brought something to contribute. I have never seen more forms of sugar in one place out side of a candy store in my life. People got really creative and fun. The little kids had a blast and then ran in circles around the yard which was a good thing. Only two ate until they felt ill. The adults also had a ton of fun. Everyone got so creative with this. And the rain held off so we sat outside most of the night. We saw lots of people who we don't get to see nearly often enough including DOUG! who moved home to Hamilton six months ago but I haven't seen in a decade! (it is is very reassuring to know fyi that awesome people don't change in their awesomeness, they just get better)
The whole thing only lasted about six hours but I feel like we have great memories for a life time.
We loved it so much we are thinking about doing it again in August. Too bad I won't be able to eat sugar again until then...urg... the sugar hangover ....
Have a wonderful day every one.

No comments: