Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Good Ol' Days....

The past day or so I have been hearing ALL kinds of music from the late 80's early 90's and it has me all nostalgic to my early teens. My brain is waxing poetic about my first boy friend, the guy who set the tone for my bad boy years a guy named Timmy Douglas who I got in HEAPS of trouble with. He looked like River Phoenix in his Stand By Me days and I thought the sun rose and set on him. To this day I wonder where his is and what he did with his life, I heard a rumor a few years ago he was in jail and I hope it isn't so. I saw the video to Tiffany's I think we're alone now last night and it brought me right back to that summer, I was 13 and on top of the world. It is funny how at the time you think that you will never love another person so much, or that your life will ALWAYS be like it is. I never pictured myself here and yet here I am. Happy and in love and all grown up. I still think I might make a nice 80's/90's play list this weekend and spend some time getting in touch with my inner teenager.

No comments: