Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Well last weekend was just packed with over indulgences. We went up The Hill to T&J's Friday, Saturday AND Sunday. We drank good wine, some beautiful summer looking vodka drinks with umbrellas, Gil had his first taste of Margaritas. Not to mention all the lovely food. Cheese and bread and fruit. Sara brought an amazing fruit plate and I had my first bite of Prickly Pear. It was okay but nothing that knocked my boots off. Due stories like this one, we have been eating bananas like mad. Although todays lunch had mango and peach for a change of pace. God I love fresh fruit. Gil and I have been talking about a new fruit every pay period. We shall see.
So since I am on my lunch break at work now would be a good time to mention that I have been offered a full time, permanant position here. Of course I excepted. So a great weight has been lifted from me. I don't have to start looking for work, I am thinking that this is some place I can stay settled for a good long time. Permanant status means that I have health benifits and paid vacation time. It feels good, secure, grown up. Because my postion in the company deals with a large french speaking base I am going to be taking a french course in April. Gil said he would take it with me so I have someone to practice with. That should be a world of fun. Also work said that they would pay for the course (if I pass) which is tres good for me.
My break is almost over and my teeth need brushing so I must be off, but I will catch up more later.
Next issue: I make dinner for my older Brother, this should be funny!

No comments: