Friday, February 23, 2007

The Negative Test

One stupid pink line and my bubble is popped. One line taunting me. One line saying "thank you, come again!". I hate that stupid pink line. I was so sure this time. I know, I know we have not been trying very long. I know that I will get over and just keep trying, I know I will enjoy this process with my lovely husband ( who I would like to point out was kind enough not to say I told you so, even though he did tel me so)

I wish I had waited a few more days to take the test. I wish that I were not so green with envy that two people I know gave birth to sweet little girls this week. Don't get me wrong, I am EXTREMELY happy for Shannon and Damon and their little Hannah Rose, and Mike and Stephie and their Cassandra, but I wish it weren't mingled with my own disappointment. Well I can tell you one thing, I am drinking a beer tonight, guilt free. Why is it that as soon as the test is said and done I can feel the discomfort on my impending . ? It's like my own body is being nasty with me.
Anyway, I have to get ready for work and wake up my husband who adores me against all better judgment.
I'll come back later and talk to you about our awesome vacation and news therein when I am feeling more awesome. Soon, I will, I know.

No comments: