Friday, February 23, 2007

Top Ten!

Recently a friend of ours was having an MP3 party I did not end up going because we were out of town but part of the premise was you had to chose the 10 most meaningful, important, favorite songs from our lives. Which got me to thinking, what are the songs of my life that are truly meaningful? That make me cry, that make me ache or give me joy just to hear them. I tossed and turned, even though I would not be in attendance, how could I narrow the sound track of my life down to 10 songs??? In the end I am not sure if I made the right decision. I think that the list would likely change day to day in small ways, but it is as close as I can get.
In NO specific order
1.My One and Only Love - Sting
2.The Queen and the Soldier - Suzanna Vega
3.From Hank to Hendrix - Neil Young
4.Sam Stone - John Prine
5.Good Life - Francis Dunnery
6.Lost Together- Blue Rodeo
7.Insensitive - Jann Arden
8.All I Want is You - U2
9.Sir Psycho Sexy - Red Hot Chili Peppers
10. Life Without You - Stevie Ray Vaughn

Okay I am second guessing myself, there are so many more but I have to draw the line somewhere. So there you go... now I am working on a book list. stay tuned.

No comments: