Thursday, February 05, 2009

My dream

I had the most amazing dream last night. I mean really it was like nothing I have ever felt from a dream before. I know I might sound a bit nutty saying this but I am willing to be mocked when I tell you that it felt more like a prophecy or prediction. I am telling you this because the dream rocked me to my very core. I feel like something changed while I was sleeping. Okay here it was. I was holding our daughter. She was 2 or 3 years old but she was new to us. She was solid against my body. She was so beautiful. She had chin length dark brown hair and huge beautiful brown eyes. The social worker had told us we would have a tough time with her. She was still in diapers and she would not speak although they were sure that she could. She and I were walking through a crowd towards a beach/park where there was a group of friends waiting for us. She was clinging to me and I knew that she trusted me to keep her safe, I could feel it physically. I knew it as sure as I have ever known anything. She was wearing pink footie PJ's (which I admit is an odd choice for a picnic in the park/beach) and she had a pink barrette or bow in the front of her hair. I was carrying her and I was so happy. I was pointing to our friends and naming them for her "There is Auntie Aimee and Uncle John." She soaks that in. "There is Uncle Mike" she soaks that in. And then I point to Gil and ask "Who's that?" and her face split into a wide smile and she and she exclaims "Daddy!" and I was felt happieness I never even dreamed of. Then I woke up. But I am telling you there is something to that dream. I just know it.

No comments: