Friday, February 27, 2009

Because people keep asking me...

Here is a little information about my new gig. The job title is Cash Balancing Clerk. I will be responsible for the daily balancing of cash, credit/debit transactions, lottery tickets, bus tickets and stamps as well as preparing bank deposits, and reporting overages and shortages for all the retail location in the hospitals. I will also order and maintain inventory (lottery tickets, stamps, and bus tickets). A few days a week I will be opening a store before the cashiers arrive. I will also be receiving inventory, making change for the cashiers, etc. As well I will assist the cashiers with any concerns or issues they may have.

It is a Monday to Friday gig, however I will start much earlier in the day then I am now. 7am!! I have been getting my body ready for this by getting up at 6am every morning. Next week I roll it back to 5:30. I will need to be on the bus at 6:15 so that will be the biggest adjustment. I will really get a lot of use out of the iPod that my brother gave me I can tell you that.

I am really excited. I am nervous but I know I can do this and do it well.

1 comment:

Overwhelmed! said...

You're going to do a great job! Good luck!