Saturday, April 25, 2009

PST

Do you know about the FLYlady? If you don't and you need a way to combat some of the chaos in your home I highly recommend this system. You can visit her here... http://www.flylady.net
I have found her a remarkable help in our home. I mean I am far from out of the chaos but I am getting there. My favorite thing about it is that it isn't taking any money from my pocket. I always get into things that cost a bunch of money and never see them through which makes me feel guilty and stupid. Anyway. All this does have a point I swear...
So I have restarted the baby steps because I really fell off track when I started the new job and I REALLY feel the need some order in my life right now. So I don't do a new Baby step every day. I do one until I get the hang of it for a few days until I feel like I have the hang of it then I move on to the next. Another beautiful thing about this system is the ability to tailor it to fit YOUR life. Anyway today I was looking at baby step number five...
"Are you hearing any of those nagging negative voices popping into your head? I want you to take a piece of paper and write down what you hear then I want you to turn those ugly words around and say something nice to yourself to negate the ugly words that they said."
Now can I say that this is actually really easy for me. I am a very vocal proponent of PST... Positive Self Talk. I learned this in therapy. (Yeah I was in therapy. Welcome to the 21st century who hasn't?) Sometimes I hear the way I talk to or about myself and I think "If someone ELSE said that to me I would punch them!!" If we don't talk nice to ourselves how can we expect others to?
I try very hard to remember to talk nice to myself as often as possible. When I am stressed out at work you can often find me giving myself a pep talk "You can do this, you are a smart girl, you just need to focus."

No comments: