Saturday, April 04, 2009

A ramble about house stuff...

Snuggled up in bed tonight a bit early, taking care of this darn chest cold. I am actually feeling much better except the coughing part. I sound like a 90 year old, pack a day smoker. Sexy stuff kids!
We had a really nice, low key day being old married people. We wandered around Kent looking for new lighting fixtures and we thought that was a hot time. Seriously, break out the Jell-O and the Shuffle Board, Gil and I are ready for retirement! No seriously though I do love anything that has to do with redecorating the house. This dinning room is so close to done, I think it might even be the room that is 100% complete first. We just need to throw up a few more feet of trim, pick a new lighting fixture and hem the drapes. I am jittery with excitement to have it done. I thought the living room would be done first but we are still batting around the idea of putting in a bay window or some french doors there. I now have a just feeling that is one room that will always be in flux.
Tomorrow we are going to work on clearing out the work shop so that I can start to refinish my cabinet. I am excited for that project as well. I think I must just excite easily! :)
My next BIG project with be the computer room and finishing the bathroom. I was checking out prices of pedestal sinks when we were at Kent today and they really are not very expensive. Of course I haven't told Gil that I also want to re-tile the floor but it is such a small room I think I will be able to do it myself without much effort. The paint will also have to be touched up when I put in the pedestal sink, which is fine, I need to fix where I got the hair dye on the wall anyway, that damn stuff just won't come off.
Anyway once the main level is mostly completed I can turn all my attention up stairs! I am so excited for that!! (Yup there I go being excited again, what can I say?!) Hopefully in the near future David will start on the mural at the top of the stairs. That is so thrilling to me. To have a wall of ART in our home. I mean I love colour and part of the joy of owning a house is getting to paint, but even solid colours get a little boring after a while but this art project is going to be amazing, especially since the artist in question is so talented. Plus it means so much more to have art made by people you know, people you love. I know I could find something in one of those big poster books at the paint shop that I could live with but seeing a painting done by some one I love, each time I go in and out of my bedroom, that will mean the world.
The bedroom it's self is still a bit of a problem. I have idea but no inspiration. We would really love to incorporate our collection of Asian art and Buddha's in here, ideally we would like the colour scheme to be red and black with out being too dark (How do you do that??) but I have yet to find anything that ties it all together for me. I wish we could do one of those home renovation shows where they read your mind and give you the room you always wanted but just couldn't pull together. It will all come in time. I know this. I am just excited and impatient.
One last note before I run away. I was going out to the car this afternoon and I notice spring flowers peeping through in my garden!! I am over the friggin' moon. I am going out to play for a moment if the rain will hold off just a little while. YAY!! Spring is VERY welcome this year. Winter felt VERY VERY long!

No comments: