Saturday, May 02, 2009

Thank you for being a friend...

I am so tired tonight but it is such a good kind of tired. I had a long and somewhat difficult week at work. I feel like have earned my fatigue. And today I hosted what I think was a very successful tea party. I guess this is the year that I am doing all the things I never did in my childhood. For my birthday I had a slumber party and today I had the tea party, and not just with Grover and Holly Hobby. It was so nice to have so many of the women that I love here and just enjoying each others company. I can't say enough how much I have some to appreciate the love and support I get from my girl friends. I hope that when I am old I have I have my own little crew of Golden Girls. (RIP Bea) I love Gil so much but there is stuff you can only talk to about with your girls. Gil doesn't want to talk about my period or the best way to clean a bath tub. Not that we only talk about that stuff. I mean today we talked about cooking and the swine flu and work and gay rights. We talked about religion and our parents and our children and husbands. It was so relaxing. I am exhausted but still mentally renewed.
Now I have had a bath and a glass of wine and I am off today bed to read. What a perfect day.

No comments: