Monday, May 17, 2010

Last night I fell asleep in the middle of posting. I have been so tired lately. I don't know if that has anything to do with my blood pressure or not but I wish I could just get over it. I really don't like being so tired all the time and losing weight is supposed to give me MORE energy not less.
I have a lot on my mind tonight.
1. My baby brother Mike (or Mike #2) turned 19 today. Officially I am old. I remember SO clearly the day he was born. How we begged Mom to name him Eric. How I held him for hours, walking, walking, walking... fat little baby that he was couldn't sleep unless he was being walked. It was pretty much love at first sight for me. He is a great kid, getting closer to being a great man. But he will always be the baby.
2. My little sister Tiffany graduated from University. I remember going with her to check out the school. That only seems like yesterday. I know she is an old married bag now but she is my only kid sister and I love her with all my heart. I am so proud of all she has accomplished, I hope she knows that.
3. Today I got to participate in interviewing a student who we are hiring for the summer. I felt so grown up and valued by my boss. There have been a few days where I have wondered why I went back but days like today make up for it.
4. I totally love my dogs but... someday I want to sleep in. I am really exhausted all the time because I haven't slept in for weeks. Getting up at 6am everyday is hard. Maybe it is a good thing we didn't have a baby, I honestly have no idea if I could have coped with the sleep deprivation. I know is sounds lame but it is true. I don't know if I was made for motherhood. Maybe we dodged a bullet. There are days when it is still so hard but each day that passes it gets a little easier. I think like all other griefs it comes is waves and cycles. For now I am going to focus on my fur babies and how blessed I am with what I have.
5. 268 days until Mexico!!!!!!

No comments: