Monday, January 01, 2007

2007- The Clean Slate

Well New Years eve has come and gone with it's usual amount of drama and fan fair. 2006 was a very good year for me [ Shannon came home to visit , I lost 30 lbs., I got engaged, I got married] but I am ready to see it gone. I like the clean slate everyone seems so eager to offer us when the calendar switches over. It honestly makes it feel like anything is possible. The past few years I have either not set any resolutions or ones that had no substance. This year I plan to do better. First of all back to weight watchers 'cause that 30 lbs I lost found it's way home. As of today I am off of pop. I feel about pop now the way I felt about cigarettes when I quit smoking, I hate it, it makes me feel gross but I CRAVE it anyway, so it is going, cold turkey. Diet pop is no better, it is a load of crap. Diet gives me headaches and makes my teeth feel disgusting. Good Bye POP.
Also this year we want to have a baby. Be prepared to hear a lot about this, it will be a running theme. I hope I am one of those blessed people who gets pregnant as soon as we start to honestly try, but I have deep fear that I will be one of the other people for whom pregnancy is a long hard road. I want to make sure that the trying to get pregnant part does not become a stress on our relationship, that is very important.
I want this year to be awesome for Gil and I. Are first full year married, we will have lots of new adventures. I just want the journey to be an enjoyable one for both of us.
Well I am off to take down some decorations. I like to have them dawn before my birthday, and I would REALLY like to have my living room back.

Happy New Year, be blessed.

No comments: