Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saturday morning update

Ahhh the weekend. This past week at work was my first full one since before Christmas which made it feel so very long. I wish the weekend didn't always end up being so short. I think we should have 4 day work weeks and three day weekends. As a whole we put much too much emphasis on work. We live to work and work to live. There is not enough time in our lives for rest, for relaxation, for social and spiritual development. My whole weekend is STUFFED full of trying to get everything else done. And those other things are REALLY important. I need that social and spiritual sustenance, and I need to not get burnt out trying to get that. I need to not wake up on Monday morning and feel exhausted and wonder where the hell my precious weekend hours went.

I am watching CNN at the moment and a young boy (15) who has been missing for 4 years has been reunited with his family. I am bawling my face off listening to these parents talk about having this miracle happen to them.

Okay time to get things going. More later.

No comments: