Monday, March 02, 2009

Resetting the clock...

Okay so on of the nice perks about my current job is that Gil and I work just a few blocks from each other and fairly close our home which means that in the mornings I only have a 12 minute car ride, with my awesome hubby, which means to get to work on time I have to leave the house roughly at 8am. Yeah, I know, I am spoiled. HOWEVER my new job starts at 7am.... and is on the other side of the harbour which means I will need to be on the bus at roughly 6:15 am. Oh the inhumanity. In order to accomplish the superhuman feat I will have to be out of bed at 5:30 am. Since it seems like a terrible idea to do this on the very first day of work I have started my training schedule. Last week I started getting up at 6am and really wasn't so bad. Truth be told I even kind of liked it but I was pretty lazy about it. To step up my game as of today the alarm goes off at 5:30 and I have to do everyting that I would do in order to leave to house at 6:10. There were some glitches today. But that is good, that is part of the learning process. For example I did lay out my clothes last night but forgot to make sure I had all the pieces so I spent 5 minutes groping around in the dark bedroom looking for the bra I wanted while trying not to wake my slumbering husband. Also there is just some stuff that is going to have to get done the night before. My gym bag wasn't packed and neither was lunch. If I had to do those things today I would have been screwed or eating granola bars and skipping the gym.
On the other hand since I didn't really have to leave the house at 6:10, my dishes are washed, the laundry has been flipped and I tuned out on facebook for a while. I am pretty much ahead of the game. We shall see how I feel this evening but I am guessing it will be lights out pretty early for me.

No comments: