Sunday, June 06, 2010

China Town

 A few days ago Gil and I ended up at China Town for dinner. It was a weird weather day sunny and stormy all at the same time. We sat by the window so we could watch the rainbows pop up over Halifax Harbour. As we were sitting there I was reminded of all the times I had been to the same restaurant in my life; China Town is a Halifax Institution. I remember going there with my whole family in 82 or 83. Mom, Dad, my three brothers and me. It was so fancy. Though there were many terrible things going on with our family at that time that is a great memory.
The picture on the left is me on the dock at the marina right outside the restaurant.  We didn't actually get to eat on this visit. I was visiting Halifax with my then fiance and I was taking him on a tour of all my favorite Halifax spots. I am a fan of that picture. I was young, thin and HOT. I guess that is beside the point.

No comments: