Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 4! Sleepy talk

I should stop writing these when I am so tired. I would probably sound a lot more sane if I weren't already in bed and half asleep. Lulu is in the bed with me, she is the worst bed hog ever, even worse then Gil but she is sleeping on my feel and that is cute so I let her stay... for now. The sun came out today, that was a good thing. I got off of work half an hour early which was for the best as I am pretty sure I was getting very close to understanding what goes through the mind of a spree killer. We were late getting home because we were detained at Gil's work (he got Larried) but when we got home no one had any accidents so I am calling that a victory. We went out and had a nice dinner at our local. We ran some errands, hit Chapters and got a few books and some more snooty coffee (HELLS YEAH!) and when we got home again there were no accidents! I am calling this a good day. Although we didn't get out for a big walk tonight. The dogs still seem tired from last nights run in the fog. I am hoping we can head down to Fisherman's Cove tomorrow, there is a big Greyhound event going on there for Canada Day. Gil will be working most of the day but I think I can convince him to take an hour off on the statutory holiday... maybe.
People keep asking me if I have big plans for Canada Day and I am almost embarrassed to say no, but it is true, we never make plans for Canada Day. We just enjoy having the time off to do nothing. Every weekend is packed with a million things we have to do, Canada Day is like a bonus day that I don't have to feel guilty about if I do nothing at all. If I don't go to a BBQ, if I don't do a parade, if I don't head down to watch the fireworks that does not make me any less patriotic. I am just a low key kind of girl. I am going to thank this great nation for the liberties that I enjoy by... enjoying them. I don't like feeling pressured to have a great time. That is why I started hating New Years Eve. The pressure to have the greatest night of the year. I love Canada EVERY DAY, like Valentines I don't need a holiday to put my love on display. But if you want to give me a day so that I can sit around drinking iced tea and reading.... bring it on!
I actually feel a little bad for all the people who are going to party hardy tomorrow and then are going to have to drag their sorry butts into work on Friday with a hangover. Well okay I don't feel SORRY so much as I feel like pointing and laughing but that is just mean.
It is a nice night out and their is a cool breeze coming in the bedroom window and I am so glad for that. I am tired of the muggy night when the humidity and heat turn my husband into a one man dreaming, killing machine. His sleep walking always seems worse when it is hot and sticky out. I am not sure when but something about those conditions just mess with his brain waves. As he gets older, not that he is old or anything because 38 is totally young!, he is actually getting more active in his sleep. Some nights he is up two or three times. And those are just the times I notice. I am a fairly light sleeper so it is likely that I am getting up each time he is but my worst fear is that I will stay asleep and he will hurt himself.
I do my best to keep him in the bedroom on those occasions because I am worried about him on the stairs but I am told that sleep walkers can actually maneuver around their environment very well and that I don't have to worry so much.
Of course some nights I don't get a say in sleeping or not. Those are the nights that he pokes, prods, shakes or punches me until I wake up. I KNOW he is not in control at those times and I don't hold him responsible at all but let me tell you it is hard to keep a cool head when you are being shaken awake at 3:00 am being told "WE HAVE TO GO NOW!! NOW NOW NOW!!!" In the retelling of these tales it is always much funnier but nothing is that funny at that hour. I feel bad for poor Gil who gets the run down of his nightly adventures over breakfast and he always seems so painfully embarrassed. The other night I managed to get him back into bed and what ever he was dreaming about had him particularly grumpy so I told him he was very good for getting back into bed and he snapped back at me "I haven't even DONE anything yet!!" I told him that I thought he was good nonetheless and he countered with a totally contrite "WHATEVER!" It was so funny because he was SOOO mad, I was literally laughing about it the whole next day.
And people wonder why I am tired all the time! LOL between the sleep walking/taking husband, the kitty who starts crying at the bedroom door at 5 am and the dogs I don't think I have had a full nights sleep in years!
Lulu is still at my feet, now SHE is dreaming. Her legs are going crazy like she is running. It is too funny to watch. I might be tired but this family is worth it. :)

No comments: