Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 3

Well okay, things are slightly less bleak today. Thank you for indulging my pity party last night. I decided today that despite my pledge not to take any vacation time until we go to Mexico in February that I have to take a day or two because I am facing total burn out and that is not cool. And if we can get someone to watch the dogs for 24 hours this weekend we are going to run away for a night. I just need some time to rest. If two dogs have me this burnt out I have no idea how people handle children. Maybe infertility happened to us for a reason, maybe I am not cut out for parenthood. Maybe.
So I booked two days off in July to give myself an uber long weekend. Gil is not going to take the time off so I am just going to be a total bum which I am fine with. My only plans are to walk, sleep and read. This sounds good to me. I hope the weather is good in the time i picked. If only I had picked up that Crystal Ball I saw on Kijiji!
We took the dogs for a nice run in the fog tonight. It had been too long since they had a really good run and you could tell by their behavior that need to burn off some extra energy. When we came home from work tonight we found that one of them (Lulu I am SURE) had eaten one of Gil's new leather work gloves. Not to mention several to do lists and some recipts. That Lulu is a chewer. Anyway they ran their asses off at the good ball field so hopefully they will sleep well tonight. We all need a good nights sleep. Maybe the fog horn can wait until 6am to start blowing rather then 5 or 5:30.
The Queen has been in town visiting the last two days. Yes THE Queen, the one from England. I wonder if her bedroom is sound proof? I can't think that she would enjoy being woken up at 5am by the fog horn. Or maybe she is already up at that time. Not me. If I were the Queen I would sleep until 8:15am EVERY DAY! I would make it the law. And on Saturdays I would leave the option to sleep until 9:30!! Yeah I am that hardcore! Maybe you should all thank your lucky stars I am not the Queen of Canada. If I were the queen would I have to pick a religion? I mean on of her titles is defender of the faith right? I guess I couldn't just say "I defend them all!" or "Grow up and fight your own battles!" or "truly I don't care today I just want tea and crumpets dammit!"
Yeah I might be a little loopy with fatigue. It was a long day today. It has been a very long month at work but I think it might have paid off. I will keep you posted. It was our first full month with the summer student I/we hired and I am telling you it has been rough. Yesterday I caught her on the phone... CHEWING GUM! I am not even kidding. We talk on the phone for a living. WE DO NOT CHEW GUM! My doctor wonders why my blood pressure is so high. Also in the last month she has missed more time at work then I did LAST YEAR. I am not even kidding. I told my boss flat out today that if she asks me to be a reference I have to say no. I know it is not a glamorous job but it is a job, you show up, you do your best, you suck it up. I am NOT a hard person to work for or with you just have to put some EFFORT into your job, that is all I ask. This girl clearly does not care. But as my boss keeps telling me it is only until September 1st and then I try someone new. And this time I will know better what I am looking for. This was my first time doing this so... I guess it could be worse... I am not sure at the moment how it might be worse but I am sure it could. All things considered I am glad I came back to Dunder Mifflin. There are still things that drive me crazy of course but I am much happier then I was. I am glad I left. I am glad I had the chance to grow up a little bit but I am happy I came back. I feel so valued there, I feel like my thoughts and opinion matter. I never felt like that at the hospital. The people there we perfectly nice but I never felt like I belonged, I always felt on the outside. Dunder Mifflin is like a terribly dysfunctional family but family nonetheless. People really care about each other and go out of their way to help you. Plus they pay me better then the hospital so... YAY! 'Cause let's face it, at the end of the day the all mighty dollar is very persuasive. I will never earn in the same category as Gil but at least now I feel like I am making some kind of contribution. At the hospital I was hemorrhaging money. Not to mention gaining a TONNE of weight working next to a convenience store. Pops! Chips! Coronary! Yes Please!
So I do need a little break from the place but all in all what I am saying is that I am happy I went back. Thank you god for letting work not be one of my stress points.

No comments: