Friday, December 31, 2010

Farwell to 2010

This was the year that...
  • I turned 35 
  • I quit the hospital and went back to Maxwell
  • We brought home Lulu
  • Our basement suffered from three separate floods
  • We learned to lay a floor
  •  I got my new DSLR camera
  • I started blogging about food
  • We discovered Three Dog Bakery
  • I had the best pizza I have ever had in my whole life, Mushrooms, caramelized onions, walnuts and blue cheese
  • I went to see Jann with Aimee and Jodi
  • SZJ- VI
  • We got a new car
  • I got to paint the basement orange
  • We had Easter dinner out of doors
  • Oliver turned 4 and we had a party
  • Grammy had a car accident
  • Phil and Nat got married
  • We got a new driveway and a new retaining wall
  • Lulu turned 2
  • I stopped colouring my hair. Go Grey!
  • Gil grew a green thumb
  • I discovered FIFA world cup soccer (and the hot Argentinian goalie)
  • I lost 30 lbs but then found it again behind the sofa
  • We spent an amazing afternoon sailing in Chester with dear friends who we never get to see
  • I hired and fired two people
  • Aimee and I discovered the awesomness of pool noodles.
  • Gil got a new tattoo
  • Hurricane Earl
  • I wrote a novel
  • I started a photo blog
  • Gil sent me LOTS of flowers
  • We celebrated 4 years of wedded bliss
  • Gil ate a $100 steak
  • I went to my first Con
  • We had an amazing weekend at White Point
  • Cha Baa Thai opened in Burnside
  • I had the best shower of my life (in Seabright)
  • Gil's sister Amy came to visit from Ottawa
  • Gil and I formed the Breakfast Club
 There were other things for sure, lots of things some big some small, most not mine to tell but it has been a big year, a hard year and as scary as it is for me to be going head long into 36 I am happy to see the end of this year and even though it is really just another day I look forward to the blank slate.

No comments: