Sunday, December 05, 2010

Nectar Social House - The Brunch Experince.

On Saturday morning Gil and I rolled out of bed very late, it was already after 11am which for me is just you sleeping the whole day away but we'd had a very late night and I had been up at 6am to take care of the kids. We cracked our eyes to find that is was a cold day and it was pouring rain so I was strongly just staying in bed but Gil bribed me out of bed with the promise of breakfast. We bundled up and headed out into the rain and I confess I wasn't feeling the love because I was over tired and it was really awful outside but Gilly was excited because it was after 11:30 which meant that the brunch world had really opened up for us and he had been dying to try Nectar Social House.
We arrived only moments afters they opened, we were greeted at the door and our wet clothes whisked away which was nice because no one likes sitting with wet wool. We were offered our choice of table or booth and the waitress came right away with hot coffee. While Gil was busy perusing the menu I was busy taking in the scenery. It is definitely as much a fest for the eyes as the mouth and the staff was more then willing to let me wander around be be snap happy.
Is it just me or do they look like gourds?
Our Waitress was very nice but not in our face which was good and our food came very quickly which was pleasant since it was early in the day and it could have taken a while to get the kitchen up and running.

I ordered the Asparagus crepes
                                
Scrambled eggs, bacon and asparagus rolled into crepes served with smoked apple wood cheese sauce and house made potato wedges
It was really delicious. The cheese sauce was nice and light. I love hollandaise sauce but sometimes it can be a bit heavy so the light sauce was lovely change. I think that the only thing I would change would be the amount of asparagus,I think it could have used more personally.

Gil ordered the Eggs Bombay
Poached eggs and sausage served on basmati rice, smothered in a mild curry sauce, and sour dough 
toast
Gil was kind enough to allow to to have some the sausage and I have to say it was just about one of the tastiest things I have ever eater. It was spicy but not hot, I wanted to order another one just for myself.
We took out time, ate slowly and had a great conversation and had our coffee topped up and it was a really lovely morning. We even more pleasantly surprised when the cheque came and the total was only $32 and change. We were really happy with every aspect of our Nectar experience and we can't wait to go back and try a few more things on the brunch menu. 

No comments: