Monday, October 17, 2005

Oh the fair!

Yesterday was a cold rainy October Sunday. Sweet Baboo and I were planning on going to Pete's to grab some groceries and hang out with the yuppies but then Aimee called to ask if I would go the fair with her. I thought about it for a moment, it is cold, damp and I am 30 years old, what could possibly go wrong? Well let me just tell you that I am just not as nimble as I used to be, also my tummy gets upset REALLY easily now. It didn't used to do that. I used to avoid rides at the fair that seems liked scary death machines that would certainly spin my out into orbit and into certain death. Now I just want to avoid hurling my guts out. Everything made me feel sick. I felt like I was amillion years old. I know that at some point this was an expereince I considered pleasurable. Thank goodness Aimee had another girl with her so she could go on more rides after I gave up, sure that ONE MORE SPIN WOULD KILL ME! There were fun things thoug, the junk food (consumed only AFTER my tummy stopped spinning), the baby animals, the super dogs, watching Aimee spin like a mad freak of nature on the a evil looking ride called the Spider.
And Sunday night was lovely, Sweet Baboo made a great dinner and we snuggled in to watch Sunday nigth TV. It was warm and cozy, due in large part to the fact that the oven was on for a few hours. I love Sunday so much. Oh I forgot, I also made breakfast yesterday morning. Yummy Toad in a Hole. I used garlic butter instead of regular butter and it was to die for. I don't usually make breakfast on the weekend, it is a chore I usually pass off on to Sweet Baboo since I don't really like cooking. And I am lazy. But I thought it would be a nice thing for me to do if I did something thing for him for once. I am making an effort to try and be a better partner. We had a big fight last week and I realized that if I really want to make this relationship work we both have to put more effort into it. I can't change him but maybe if he sees me working hard then it will show him that I am serious and he will want to make some changes too. I can only change me. Can you tell I have been reading? Anyway before you get it in your head that we have real problems relax, We have the same kind of problems anyone who has lived together for 4 years have. It is only that after a fight you are more accutly aware of the those problems and increase the desire to work on them.
well I am off for lunch with the ladies. Good Day!

1 comment:

Vinnie said...

Lunch at 6:47 am, pfft yer a Weirdo! haha