Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Day My Body Gave Up On Sleep and Other Funny Tales

Picture this, the hour is 7:30 am, I have been asleep for a grand total of 5 hours, the cat has decided to be merciful and opted not to wake me for any nonsense, the bed is so comfortable I could sleep all day. But then comes 7:31 am! My eyes pop open, I lie there in shock, I have been betrayed some the one person I think I can trust.... my body is not tired and wants to get up, worse still my brain agrees to go through with it. I had better put the tea on, we are in for a long day. I can't really get too mad at poor brain, she is SOO overwhelmed with all the things that get done in the next 15 days. But body, OH BODY how could you!?
Now I have to get ready to make this house look half decent because there is yet another tour group coming through today. I thought it was hard to keep this place looking ship shape BEFORE we started to move but with boxes and packing supplies and cleaning stuff everywhere it looks like U-Haul blew up in here. Worse , todays tour group includes the building inspector and I know he will be looking in every nook and cranny. Man I can't wait for this move to be over. I love our new place but I always find this process so unsettling. I always turn into a raging spaz during the moving process. You would think that I could be more calm about the whole affair since I have done in SOOO many times but there is jsut something about moving that sets my inner freak off and running.
So today is eye doctor day. I confess to you hear and now I do not like the eye doctor. They get WAY too close to my face, I hate anything close to my face. ASk Sweet Baboo, from time to time he gets a good swift lesson upside the head about how I don't like things in my face. However I KNOW I need new glasses (glasses? new glasses? when the hell does she ever where her old glasses?) I do infact have glasses and I have a few pictures hidden in the bowels of hell to back that up, but I HATE me current glasses ( I was talked out of buying the ones I really wanted) and the perscription is so old I think that they do more harm then good. The only reason I am at all excited to go to the eye doctor is because Sweet Baboo is going too and he has been walking around in broken specs for WAY too long. Years! If ever there was a person who deserved new eye wear it is him. It will be so nice for him not to have to worry about his glasses all the time. I wish I could give him everything that he deserves, and the best of everything too. But I can't, I don't even know how we are going to afford Christmas this year but we will find away we always do.
I just read the most terrible new artticle about the worst case of bullying I have heard of. It makes me sick to my stomache. http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/11/14/toronto-school-051114.html

Well I gotta get going, I have to try and get SOMETHING doen this morning and my lovely BEAUTIFUL sister is coming over to help me. More about the stinking eye doctor later.

No comments: