Friday, November 18, 2005

"...I could still eat that."

Oh MAN, that was so AWSOME! I mean AWSOME!! I need that night so badly. By the time we left to go I was tired and cranky and just wanted to go and get it over with. And we got there and I wasn't feeling much better. We sat in our seats, which were amazing, and got settled in and I was kind of thinking I wish the opening act would just hurry up so we could get to Jann. However when the guy (Bob K???) came out he was so cool. He made me laugh so hard. so I was starting to really chill and relax and in walked .... Barbie and Skipper! Barbie and Skipper sat down next to me about half way through Bob's set. Then they told us we were sitting in their seats. Aimee assured them that we were not. They seemed to think we were mistaken. Aimee said "what row are you in?" they check their tickets and say they are in the second row. well JESUS clearly this is the first row, there is ten feet of leg room in front of me. Aimee advises them the the second row is BEHIND us. Then Aimee snarked, just out of earshot, that it doen't take a genius to COUNT the rows. I laughed so hard I almost peed. If only it had ended there but of course it didn't. Barbie and Skipper sat down behind us every time Barbie crossed her legs she kicked Aimee in the ass. During the break between Bob and Jann Barbie and Skipper went to chat with some friends. They came back when Jann had already started, how annoying. They took their seat right behind Aimee and I then started to .... TALK! LOUDLY! They were sitting there running off at the mouth and nothing to do with the concert at top volume trying to talk to each other over the music. I was WILD. By the fourth song of Jann's set I was really mad, counting to ten under my breath and trying to ignore these two very rude women. But then one of my favorite songs came on (really they are all my favorite) and they just wouldn't shut the hell up so I turned around in my seat and yelled "I paid $60 to listen to HER not you two!!!" and I could feel Aimee shaking with laughter next to me. She says the man two down from her laughed so hard he had to take off his glass and wipe his eyes. I was still feeling a bit weird about it at the end of the show, I mean I am not the girl who stands up to people like tahe, but all my worries were put to rest when the lady who was sitting next to Aimee (wife of laughing man) shook my hand and THANKED ME! SHe said she was worried they were going to talk through the whole thing. It was very nice validation. As it happend Barbie and Skipper left about a half an hour early and clearly either were given their tickets or had more money then brains. Other then that the night was perfect. Jann was out of this world. That woman is SO talented. She made me laugh, she made me cry. It was so nice to be there with Aimee. The great thing about Jann is that every single song has a memory attached to it. Some Sweet Baboo, some the ex I don't hate, lots of Aimee and a WHOLE LOT of Shannon. It was weird there were moments when Austrailia felt SO far away and moments where I was sure that Shannon was in that empty seat next to me holding my hand. I miss her so much but I am so proud of what she is doing. Thank you Jann for that moment.
Well now I have to get back to doing something productive. We only have 12 days until moving day. Wheee watch Meggy go mental!

No comments: