Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Adventures in Aimee land and other fun stuff

Well my dear friend Aimee certainly knows how to keep me on my toes, yesterday she decided to get her self involved in some live action bumper cars and nearly scared me to death. Everyone will be pleased to hear that she is fine and short of some very tender areas (like everything between her head and her toes) she is just fine. Too bad her poor little car didn't fair so well. Lets all cross our fingers that the damage is fixable and she doesn't end up having to write off the car altogher. Luckily (??) the fault was totally the other drive and he happened to be a courier for a VERY LARGE multinational company and will be paying for everything.
All things told things turned out okay and leave it to Aimee to make the ER a fun place to hang out.

I have noticed a certain funny thing happens when you tell people you are gettting married. everyone is over joyed and full of well wishes, this lasts for about 3 minuts and then (for the most part) the opinions start. Why did you pick THAT date? Why are you getting married THERE? Why don't you...? You know what you SHOULD do....? Oh can't possibly...
I know that this is well meaning, and I am sure every bride since Eve has endured the same treatment HOWEVER.. that does not mean I have to like it. Gil and I are pretty pig headed people, we know what we like, we know what we want, ( we know what we can afford) and we want this to be a celebration about US. At the end of the day it is not going to really matter whay colour the brides maides wore, if I carried roses or dandylions, if we got married in a cow pasture on in the Popes private throne room we want to have a good party. We want to show the whole world how much we adore each other and have a celebration as wonderful and unique as we are. The wedding is one day, our marriage is forever.

and that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: