Thursday, April 13, 2006

Sad News, Not So Sad News and Good News

The sad news...
This past Monday the world lost a very kind man. Rolly Ashe was an amazing human being and among other things he was the father of my best friend Shannon. He always smiled, even when he was chauffeuring a car load of teenage girls around in the wee hours. There was always room at his table for an extra mouth to feed over the holidays, and he always made sure the stuffing didn't have any killed oysters in it if I was coming to dinner. He taught me that wonton soup is much better then chicken noodle when you have a cold. That vanilla ice cream could be used in coffee when you are out of milk.He introduced "Fred!" "Mrs.Who?" and "Jump you silly bitch!" into my common vernacular. He raised three amazing children and helped to raise many many more. I never saw without a smile on his face even during the toughest times. He was a great great man and I will miss him very much.

The not so sad news...
For the first time in 31 years I have an ear infection. This sore throat and ear thing has been driving me crazy for a week so last night I went to the doctor and she said that I was infected, EWWW! So now I am taking some meds and every thing will be better soon, THANK GOD.

The good News...
Well if every dark cloud has a silver lining this is Platinum, because her father passed away Shannon is coming home!! It is only a visit but I can't wait to see her!! I am so excited. I will finally get to meet Missy O and give Shannon a million hugs. They are going to stay at our place for a few days. I am beyond happy to see her. I am just sad it had to be for such a sad reason.

No comments: