Monday, April 24, 2006

Long Couple of Days

Well the weekend is over, and as expected it was very hard. The is a helplessness that grief brings because You CAN NOT make a person feel better about losing a loved one, especailly a parent. You have to just let them be in pain and try and anticipate what they might want/need you to do. I have known Shannon 16 years and I think I have gotten pretty good at that part but it is not any easier watching her suffer. Her pain is so open and raw it is palpable and I want to make her better but I can't.
Today I am in a down mood myself despite a pretty good sleep last night (Yay Olivia slept through the night!!) but the weather and mood in the office are making me draggy. And for no good reason I am exhausted. Gil is leaving to go BACK to PEI tomorrow and I am not at all looking forward to that. As much as I love having the bed to myself once and a while I miss him wickedly while he is gone. And lately things have been so amazing for us. I feel everyday more connected to him. He has been a ROCK in our home taking care of everyones needs and me most of all. And watching him with Missy O makes me long even more for children, that man is going to be the BEST daddy.
Well I had better get back to work, I am actually falling asleep here at the computer and that is NOT cool. I have no idea why I am so tired today after getting a decent amount of sleep last night but my eyes and limbs feel so heavy it is crazy!

No comments: