Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Quiet House

Shannon, Damon and Olivia are visiting friends in Truro this weekend and the house is SO quiet. Actually it is too quiet. I miss them. It makes me remember they are going to be gone in 5 days and that makes me SO unhappy. Itis hard to share your living space with people for a long time but I LOVE having The Foxes here. I love the noise of Olivia and the banter from Damon and most of all I love having Shannon SO close. I am afraid that when she goes back to Australia I won't see her nay more. I don't know if I will ever get down there. I don't know if she will ever come back to visit. It is a LOT of money to fly half way around the world. Very few people can afford that. Anyway I am freaking out because that is what I do.

A really nice thing happened yesterday that I thought I should tell people about. After we dropped the Foxes off at the mountain we were driving towards home, we hadn't gotten very far when I started to see swiming back dots in front of my eyes and I felt very faint. Thankgoodness I was sitting down. Anyway I decided that what I needed was juice so we stopped at the first store we came to which happened to be this place. But unfortunetly they were closed. However the man who owns it (works there?) saw us try the door and head back to our car and came out to ask us if we needed something. I told him I was just looking for juice and it was no big deal and he invited us to come in and get our drinks anyway even though they had been closed for half an hour. NOW that is sweet! Needless to say we will be going back there any time we are in the area.

No comments: