Thursday, July 01, 2010

I thought with the day to myself I would take the time to blog when I wasn't crazy with fatigue. I forgot of course that I am tired all the time but still I am better mental form at 2:30pm then I am at 10 so maybe some of what I write will actually make sense.
We have had a nice day so far. Gilly took the dog out for a very late night pee so I was able to sleep until almost 8am. Even then it was my full bladder that woke me not the dogs. I have been having a string of bad dreams lately and this morning was no different. I dreamed that I was pregnant and I was having a little girl who we were going to call Penny. I dreamed I could feel her bouncing on my bladder, yeah I really needed to pee. Anyway I am determined not to let the dream too far under my skin. It was a dream.
I spent most of the morning on my own sipping tea, reading, writing an email to my Auntie and catching up with on of my BFF's through facebook IM. What did people do in the old days? Remember writing letters. God it would take forever to have a proper conversation. If you needed help with a problem and had to seek advice but letter it was likely moot by the time you go a reply. Even more then I love IM clients I love Skype. With this Wonder of the World I can sit at my kitchen tea and drink tea with my best friend in Australia. No shit! I means sure sometimes the picture goes funny or freezes, heck sometimes you might even have to hang up and reconnect but really you are sitting there having a face to face conversation. Love it!
When Gil got up at 11:15, poor guy didn't even come to bed until 5am, we went to one of our favorite spots and had some lunch then we piled the dogs in the car and handily avoiding all the places that were over crowed with Canada Day celebrations found a lovely quiet stretch of ocean and went for a good long walk. Lulu and I loving the waves, Oliver and Gil avoiding them like the black plague. Now we are home and the dogs are napping, Gil is working from home and I am here with you. I think I am going to spend the rest of the afternoon with my book (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) I am having a hard time getting into it but it is the book club book and I am trying to get back into regular attendance. As I said yesterday the beauty of this day is having nothing at all to do.
Holy crap I just looked over and saw Tikka who is on the bed with me being SOOO cute! Since we started treating her arthritis she has become much more animated, I forgot how adorable she could be. She has also started cleaning herself again because it doesn't hurt her so much to twist around. That is a very good thing. My poor fat, arthritic baby. Once upon a time I remember her being a happy cat. Then we got her a sister. I don't think she has ever really recovered from the shock. I think back to those heady days when we were a one cat family and I think... ARE WE CRAZY?? Two cats, two dogs. Half the time I spend breaking up fights the rest of the time I spend cleaning up after them. And unlike children they will never learn to help clean up. But they are all pretty cute so I guess I will keep them.
I have been thinking the past few days about the amount of time I spend on Facebook. What did I do online before this social networking phenomenon? I mean I know I used the internet but HOW? Anyway I have begun to think that I may be spending too much time online, specifically on Facebook so I thinking, at least for the summer, about setting a cap on the amount of time I am wasting in cyberspace. There are so many other good things I could be doing to waste my time. I am thinking an hour a night. Plus I have have already been on a TV/Torrent diet. The ONLY thing I am watching this summer is True Blood. So that is 1 hour a week. So far so good. I want to keep devoting a half hour a night to this blog and maybe another half hour to random internet usage, catching up on other blogs I read, comics, stumble. What do you think? Do you spend too much time online? If you weren't on facebook what might you be doing? Reading? Watching your dogs sleep? Having coffee with friends? Scrapbooking? I think I will make a list of alternatives because I don't want to spend all my new free time cleaning the kitchen. I want to do some fun stuff too... Like napping which is what I think I might do right now. A nap seems like a perfect way for me to show my Canadian Pride. Happy Canada Day everyone!!

No comments: