Sunday, September 04, 2005

A day unlike any other.

Today did not turn out the way I thought it was going to. Two days ago I thought that I was going to spend the day driving to NB in heavy traffic (thanks to the Rolling Stones) to visit Sweet Baboo's parents and spend a few days relaxing by the shore. Yesterday we decided that the price of gas was too high (almost $1.50/liter) to drive up and back so we were going to camp out at home, stay in our pj's and read all day or flake out in front of the dumb box.
That is how today started, Baboo didn't come to bed until 6am so there was just me, the cat, the hamster and my book as far as I am concerned a PERFECT Saturday. But then around 3pm a knock on the door changed life as we know it. It was my land lady, they are moving, they bought a new house. They want to sell us this one!! And we want to buy it. We love this house, we have been joking for two years about finding a way to buy it and now we really might. I am so freaked out. We know NOTHING about buying a house, or owning a house. We have no idea if anyone is crazy enough to give us a morgage, but hell we have to try.
I have SO many thoughts going through my mind at the moment that I can't hold on to any of them. I have to calm down because we can't get any answers for a few days (Blasted long weekend! :D) But I just have a good feeling about this. Sweet Baboo does too, I can tell 'cause he has this crazy stunned look on his face all the time and when we were pulling in the drive way tonight he looked at he house in a totally different way, like a man on a mission.
Now I have to go to bed and dream about something nice and calming.
Life is so cool.

No comments: