Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Helping a friend

You know what is nice? Lending a hand to someone who is REALLY grateful for the help, someone who asks outright for what they need without any emotional games. I like doing things for my friends but I also like to be appreciated and like most people I really don't like being taken for granted or manipulated. I am doing a favor for my friend Michelle, watching her kids while she works nights, for a while. And I can tell that she is genuinely grateful for the help. I have this one friend who always seems to need SO much and it is exhausting, it makes me really reluctant to put myself out there. She makes me doubt the intentions of other people and I hate that. Anyway sometimes you have to cut people out. I have a whack of great friends and I like my life. I can only hope that I can be a good friend to others and that there is such a thing as karma.
Now I am going to sleep, my throat hurts and I think I am getting Sweet Baboo's cold and 7am is VERY early.

No comments: