Monday, December 29, 2008

And that is the kind of day it has been...

Hey there, hi there, ho there babes! Sorry I got eaten up by Christmas. Chewed up, swallowed and shat out the other side. I mean it was good, but you know how it is all busy and burn outty. Now I am laying here in bed with my kitty girls (Tikka is actually laying right across my left wrist which is making typing interesting). I am feeling pretty warm and cozy. The house is making its delightful creaking noises (which we ARE learning to sleep through) and the girls are purring their furry little hearts out. There are even clean sheets on the bed. All in all I feel pretty content at the moment which is nice 'cause I have had a shitty ass day. Starting mid afternoon yesterday I was pretty sure that I had picked up the stomach flu that my father in law had brought down with him on Christmas Day. I love that man dearly but I have NO idea what possessed his when he decided to drive the 4 hours down here from NB while suffering the gastro. No thank you, Christmas or no if I am that sick I want my own bed and my own toilet. Anyway yesterday I was pretty sure I had it. I was sweating and clammy and my stomach was doing some very unnatural things. This on top of the 38 days of menstrual hell left me a wreck on the sofa for most of the day. On top of the regular post holiday burn out this was just a mean ol' kick in the pants. Around 10 I took some Gravol and went to bed because I had to go to work today. How much does that suck? Anyway the Gravol seemed to do the trick and I even slept all the way through the night. In fact I slept great, I haven't slept that well in a long while. Which if of course why I woke to 'The Great Menstrual Crisis of '08'. Having successfully ruined a thousand dollar mattress I went down stairs to shower and get ready for work. I hate the morning. I really hate the first morning back after being off work for a few days. I hated this morning with a passion that burned like the heat of a thousand suns.
When I was ready I woke Gil. Gil was not ready to get out of bed either. I, being in a bad mood, was not really in a place to make getting up any easier for him. I told him to get his bitch ass out of bed, maybe not in so many words. I was unpleasant anyway. Thus began the snipping. The snipping lasted right up to the time we were walking out the door, now running late because I forgot to pack up the laptop (as well as several other things). The next part is a bit mixed up. As long as we are alive I don't think that Gil and I will ever agree on who is to blame (but it's not me) but it doesn't matter, the point is... Mango got out. Oh our adventurous little monster slipped right out through the storm door which had not been closed all the way. The little monster had no desire to be wrangled and I just stood there on the porch paralyzed by fury and frustration, having already thrown my keys and swearing loud enough for the neighbours to hear. (Go me!) I did eventually snap out of it, I caught the rotten little brat and tossed her back in the house. Gil and I got in the car in silence and angrily drove off to work. I was now running late. We had missed our regular traffic report. We didn't know what we were heading for. But after we hit the black ice and lost control of the car we pretty much figured it out. At this point Gil decided we needed some breakfast, coffee and bagels before someone got killed, it did not matter if I was a few minutes late for work. He pulled into the parking lot and I LOST IT. I cried so hard for a moment I wondered if I was going to stop. How could one morning be so shitty?
Gil went and got me tea and the rest of the day was pretty average from there but the tone had been set. I was having a bad day and nothing was going to shake it.
But as I said I am now in a cozy bed, the cats are being particularly cute, even that bad one who had me doing laps around the yard at 8am. So I am going to chalk this day up and a learning experience and start all over again tomorrow.
Good night everyone and be blessed. I sure am.

No comments: