Saturday, September 26, 2009

Another Saturday morning musing,

Well I/we had a very long week and I am pleased to report that it is over and for at least today we can settle back down into some kind of relaxation mode. Gil as it turned out had to go to Toronto this week, OF COURSE. I mean it is only logical right? We finally get a date for our home study and work has to whisk him away. But he put his foot down and said he needed to be here on Thursday and so he was. I love my man.
So of course Thursday came and as did the social worker. It went very well. It was just a first meeting, you know but faces to names, fill out more paper work, but we did talk a lot (did I talk too much??!!), she looked at pictures of our wedding which of course I love to show off. We talked for about an hour, it was good. Next on the docket Gil starts his individual sessions with her. This of course has my inner control freak on pins and needles but I am going to be totally cool. The time has come to deal with the fact that I can not control every situation.
Look at me learning and growing.
I know logically I can't control everything. I mean the weather seems well out of my grasp, but it is hard for me and I know that the social worker is going to see that about me. It is one of the things I worry about the most. You know that and the fact that my personal history sounds like a Danielle Steel novel only smuttier and more drug addled.
Okay off to slack. Have a great day!

No comments: