Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thoughts on Las Vegas - Part Two



I am trying to not focus too much on the home study (2 DAYS!!) So I am going back to reflecting on Vegas.
Las Vegas is a truly incredible and weird place. It was a lot like what I imagine Wonderland would be like for grown ups. I doubt highly that there is such a thing as a "normal" Las Vegas experience. I think it all depends on which little bottle you drink from or which cookie you bite. Every where I turned there were amazing, strange monuments and lights and sculptures. There were lights and fountains and even Elvis! I felt like I had crossed into some alternate reality dimension where things like work and responsibility were moot. Hours of the day ceased to have any true meaning. Food, drink and frivolity were pretty much a 24 hours free for all. Part of me wishes I had been able to stay out late and party with the stars, but as I mentioned I couldn't get off Atlantic time. I am betting that Vegas gets even wilder and weirder in the late night hours.
Okay. I know that isn't a big reflection but honestly I can't get my brain off the home study so I am going to scrub the toilet for the 15th time.

No comments: