Saturday, October 17, 2009

Adoption stuff...

So I haven't talked much recently about the adoption process. That has been sort of deliberate. I needed to take some of my own focus away. It is so easy for me to get so obsessive. We are still in home study mode however I have not been overly involved. It has been Gil's time to do one on one interviews with our lovely social worker. They meet here once a week in the morning and talk about.. I dunno, stuff, Gil isn't too clear when I ask for details. Not that he is hiding things from me but he is not a big talker and certainly not about his personal life and I think that translates to a difficulty in sharing with me the content of their conversations. Fortunately I will get to find out for myself in the near future as I have my first date with her a week from Monday. I am not meeting her here at the house because we work on the same block so it makes more sense to meet at her office. Which is a bit a relief, not because I am worried about the house. I have stopped caring about the mess, we are normal people and I think our mess reflects that. No I am relieved because I live in perpetual fear of being late and being judged on that. So sad. I am not sure where this obsessive fear of tardiness comes from but I wish it would ease up a bit. I guess I have something else to work on. Anyway there is one little glitch about meeting her at her office. The building. The building that her office is located in hold a LOT of personal history for me. I worked there for a while when I worked for Moose. But more specifically my Father worked there. I think it will be weird for me to sit and talk about the abuse I experienced in a place that is so infused with the abuser. Anyway. I think I am going to steer away from this line of thought a little while longer as it is having an impact on my lovely Saturday morning vibe.

No comments: