Thursday, October 15, 2009

'cause I cried listening to the news today...

I am a smush head. I am unrepentantly emotional. I cry, often and plentifully. I cry when I read or hear stories of others suffering. I feel things deeply. I cry when I hear about abused children and animals. I cry when I hear about homeless people dying in the cold. I cry when I hear that the shelves in the food bank are bare. I cry when I hear that a little boy who was thought lost or dead in some freak balloon accident is found alive and hiding in the attic. Sometimes I wonder if being so emotional is a handicap. I worry that maybe I am weak. Then I realize that my compassion is one of my greatest assets. I love deeply, I feel deeply, despite having been through ten kinds of hell I still love humans, I still love humanity. I mourn with them, I celebrate with them. My tears are not weakness, they are awesome. What a gift!

No comments: