Monday, October 05, 2009

Thanksgiving...

Okay I really do want to talk about Thanksgiving but before I do there is something I have to get off my chest.
At least once a week for the past month or so my commute home has been hampered due to a bridge closure. Not the kind for repairs or maintenance. Not the kind for an unfortunate accident. But the kind for a bridge jumper. Asshole! I don't mean to sound like a heartless bitch however... Threatening to jump off bridge during rush hour traffic is not a suicide threat, it is a cry for attention. Trust me, I know from cry for attention. It is an expensive, ridiculous cry for attention. Yeah it frustrates me. Sorry. I so try and be compassionate but I have my limits.

Okay, back to Thanksgiving....

As we approach the Thanksgiving weekend I thought I would dedicate my little spec of blogosphere to that which I am grateful for. the

Today is a cold, rainy, dark Monday, a day which is, on the surface, difficult to be thankful for. I have a cold creeping in and I am tired. Waking up in the dark is starting to wear on me.

It would be very easy to get caught up in these details. Truth be told I spent the bulk of the morning being Ms. Cranky Pants. But I am making a conscience decision to cheer up. It is no fun being in a bad mood. It makes the day insufferable, it is no way to spend time which is really precious.

If you stop and look around the hospital you find lots of things to thankful for. Grateful for my health, my strong body (cold be damned). For universal health care (amen to being Canadian!). Gratified to be in a position to make the day brighter for someone who might need it. I don’t just have a job, I have a job that I enjoy. I have co-workers that I like. I have bosses who are kind and giving. Not everyday is perfect but who has a job that is? I am happier. Happier then I was last year.


No comments: