Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Thanksgiving part 2....

Wow, I am a lucky girl. When I was getting ready to write this today I had a LIST of thing I might want to talk about. Imagine a whole list of the ways in which I am blessed.
I am sore today from my work out this morning and usually I would find that annoying but today I am kind of enjoying it. I did something to my body this morning, I used it for some other purpose then sitting like a lump. I don’t love going to the gym. I don’t love getting up at 6am and trying to fit it all in before work. I don’t love being sweaty and gross. I don’t love showering at the gym. I certainly don’t love the old lady ache that seems to set in to my spring chicken bones for the rest of the day (am I not stretching enough??) However I really do enjoy the “high” after the work out. And I love knowing that I am doing something for me, something that is going to make me better, stronger, faster. I am grateful to have the means and opportunity to do this. I am absolutely thankful for a gym buddy who encourages me, supports me, cheers me and comforts me. I unwaveringly pleased that I have a body that will allow me to do all these things. As I mentioned yesterday working in the hospital I see people all the time who would give anything to complain about spending 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer.

PS... I am also really thankful for extra strength Tylenol.

No comments: