Sunday, October 18, 2009

Another Sunday stroll through my mind...

This week I compromised on something I felt strongly about. It didn't feel good, I am not sure I made the right choice but I did it for my husband and our marriage. I drapes in the living room. He even picked out the drapes. This is hard. In fact I am sitting in the living room right now trying to acclimate to them. So far they just look weird. Boy, relationships are hard work. Who knew?
While I am sitting here I am soaking in the backyard view. All our leaves are aflame with colour, it is really quite spectacular.
I love Sunday so much but there is always the threat of Monday lurking right around the corner. And I am really not looking forward to this coming week so it sneaks up all the quicker. Time is sneaky like that. What I really need is one full week of Sundays. And I hope that in 47 days that is exactly what I am going to have.'Cause that is when we head out for our week at White Point. I seriously can't wait. Because it is the very end of November, first week of December I anticipate that it will be even quieter then normal there. I have already checked the website and as far as I can tell there is nothing special happening there that week. The last few times we were down seemed to coincide with busy festivals and events. For the whole week we are going to sit in front of the fireplace, read, play chess, drink wine, talk and sleep. We don't have to worry about running to get from one place to the next. We don't have to squeeze in any extra chores or errands. I can't begin to tell you how much all of this excites me. I am going to go for walks on my own and take pictures. I am going to book a massage. I am going to swimming in the indoor pool. I am going eat, oh yeah I am going to eat well.
Oh I am getting so excited. And I am hoping as well that it will be the last trip the two of us make by ourselves for a while. Which is to say I hope that we have a kid soon, not that I don't want to go away with Gil anymore. I love my Sweet Baboo!

No comments: