Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Giving Thanks Part 3... A special wedding anniversary episode.

On this day three years ago I became his Mrs. I pledged my life to him and took his in return. We took our vows under a tree and we meant every word we said. I believe that as surly today as I did three years ago. Not once in 1096 days that we have been married has he given me one moment to doubt.
Of course there are moment, minutes even hours that we are cross or annoyed with each other. Sure there are times when we are frustrated and uncommunicative. We are real people not characters. Moreover there was nothing in our vows that said that every day has to be perfect. I am grateful that we are so comfortable in our relationship that we can have bad days. I am grateful that we know that an argument doesn’t mean there is something wrong with us.
I like thinking about our wedding, I like looking at the pictures and watching the video. I like celebrating the joint conquest of another year. But the wedding and the pictures and the music they are just symbols for the thing that I really love; our strong, beautiful marriage.
I am thankful for:
Every dish he has ever washed
Quiet conversations after the lights are off
The toothpaste on my brush every morning
The drive to work every day
The millions of in jokes
The random back scratches
Breakfast for dinner
Endlessly re-watching West Wing
Snuggles in bed with the cats
The compliments too numerous to count
Honey Curry Pasta!
Never letting me win at chess
Flipped laundry
Made up songs
Secret Squirrels
Hotel soaps and shampoo
Comfortable silences
Forgiveness
Dates at the book store
Him

No comments: