Thursday, July 08, 2010

I am hot and melty tonight so I thought that instead writing ad nauseum I would regale you with some of my more recent photos. As you may know I LOVE taking pictures, I might not be the greatest photographer but I have a lot of fun doing it.


These are the first strawberries of summer. And for me the sign that summer is really and truly upon us. I love strawberries.I could live on them so this year I have started buying a few pints every time we hit the grocery store and then freezing them. I know I could buy those frozen ones at the grocery store any time but somehow these ones just seem better. But you know me I am weird like that.




This is a little sweetie who is working overtime in my irises trying eat all the dang aphids, and ma'am there are a LOT of aphids to eat. Darn little critters are having a field day and I could find was this one little lady bug at the all you can eat aphid buffet. Is it true you can tell how old a lady bug is by the number of spots they sport on their... shell? I know that isn't the right word but if I go to wikipedia right now I will get lost in all its wonder and I may not make it back to finish regaling you. We'll just leave it as a question for another day shall we?

I have lots of beautiful flowers in my garden but there is something about the simple beauty of a daisy that really resonates with me. It is the flower of childhood; of wild bouquets; it is the flower I always doodle. 
It is sweetness and innocence. 
And we don't even have to plant them god just grows them all over the place for us!

Speaking of sweet flowers looks at these precious Pinks (Dianthus) aren't they so cute? I love them, I am glad they grow in such perfusion in my front garden. 
They make me so happy, they look like they should have little fairy's running beneath them.


Our favorite summer meal... the Cold Plate! Gil and I are both nutty because with a cold plate anything goes, there is no way to make it wrong. This cold plate is heavy on the meat and cheese (trust me the scale will not thank me later) but you can also throw in breads, more veggies, any kind of salads you can quickly throw together. And you have to have to pickles!! The point is that you don't have to turn on any appliance except the fan, perfect for those hot, humid summer days when even the thought of turning to BBQ on is too much. In July and August we probably cold plate once a week. I must say Gil learned the art of the cold plate from his Dad who is also a master and I am very grateful to have been let in on this divine "dish". 

I thought I would finish off with this one, not because it is a great picture but because it will leave you with a smile on your face. Lulu and the worlds biggest water dish. Isn't there anything we won't do for these mutts? Probably not. :)

No comments: