Sunday, July 04, 2010

Sunday thoguhts.

Well I am brutally exhausted after a long day of doing... I have no idea. I know stuff got done but I can't think of anything really tasking that I did. Certainly nothing that should have left me feeling this drained. I even had a great sleep last night. I am going to go ahead and blame this one on my hormones.
We had another busy and fun day in the yard. Gil is really getting into this whole yard thing this year. It is pretty awesome. We have been pruning and removing and digging and loads of stuff. I mean it still looks like the yard no one loves or takes care of, but we are working on it and getting there one step at a time. It would certainly help if the people we hired to take care of the sewer line problem would come the hell back and finish their job. Which includes laying new sod on the section of lawn they dug up. Gil says I should look at the bright side, we don't have to pay the idiots until they COMPLETE the job but I just want to have it over with.
I didn't go for a walk even once this weekend, I will have to make up big time during the week if I want to see any results on the scales next Saturday. We did take the dogs for a little walk this eve which would have been fine if I had on appropriate footwear and long pants... sadly I had neither. I have the bug bites to prove it. It was funny when we got back to the ball field and the guy left with his dog we let ours off their leashes so they could run, because they hyper all day and clearly needed to blow off some steam, they didn't run at all. They just spent 20 mins. meandering around the ball field peeing on stuff. Silly dogs. But I can't complain that much about them, they let me sleep until 8:20 today and no one had an accident in the house. Yay us. Lulu did make a break for it today but thankfully she just ran into the back yard where she was easily corralled because she just wanted to play.  I can't wait until the backyard if fully fenced and I can just let them out to play whenever they want. That will be so sweet. Rackin' Frackin' basement ruining my plans.
It hardly seems possible that I have to get up and go back to work tomorrow. Where on earth does the weekend go and why can't it be longer? I am so glad that I decided to take two days off this month. I am really looking forward to it now. I know that they will fly by but it will still be some extra time off. It will certainly make is easier waiting the next 222 days until Mexico.
I guess we better start looking at where we are going to board the dogs while we are away. Is it weird that I am worried they will forget me after two weeks or that they won't want to come home with us? Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I know I am weird. It is part of my charm.
I am still stuck mentally on trying to figure out what I did that made me so tired. Some planting. Cleaned the bathroom. Cleaned the litter box. Took some pictures of my husband working hard. We geeked for a little while, that took some brain juice. I hung several loads of laundry on the line which is nice because it means line dried sheets on the bed tonight. I think that is my favorite thing about owning a house. The clothes line and the line dried sheet. I used to get my sister to wash my sheets so I could have line dried sheets but this is much better. And on sunny days I usually put out the bedspread too. I love that smell so much. That is the smell of safety and comfort and home. I also really like the smell of our upstairs in the summer. I think it has to do with the age of the house but on warm days our bedroom smells just exactly like the top floor of my Nanny's house. I loved everything about that house and the smell just takes me right back there. It was such a safe place for me growing up. I knew no matter what my Nanny would never let anything bad happen to me. It is a smell of security and bed time prayers and falling asleep quickly because you were so exhausted from playing outside all day. Those were the very best summers of my life, at least up until I met Gil. My Nanny may have made me eat my crust and she may have brought the wrong kind of Raisin Bran cereal but summer with her was the high light of my year, especially after my mom died. There I learned about poison ivy, BB guns, gullies, REAL thunderstorms, "beaver lice", liver and onions, time zones and how to spit watermelon seeds.
I miss my Nanny and those summers but I know that when I go upstairs tonight and take a big deep breath she will be right there with me.

No comments: