Saturday, July 03, 2010

A little bit of everything.. including money so beware.

Well first let me admit that yes I skipped out on blogging last night we were out rather late and when we got home all I wanted to do was crawl into bed and stuff my nose in my book. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, better then I thought it was going to be. Despite the enormous size of the book I did manage to finish it in 2.5 days. I am not sure if I will read the next one in the series or not, I have several others on the list that need finishing first. However I am pleased to say that i read the whole thing so when I get to book club I won't be that person who only ready the first and last chapter. Although in fairness I think everyone else in book club has kids so I cut them some slack. Not everyone gets to sit in the sun all day reading. Fortunately for me Gil was not at all lazy today. He got loads done in the yard PLUS he ran the dish washer. My god he is a good man. I will tell you however that the reason I allowed myself to be so beautifully lazy today is because I was celebrating.  I weighed in this morning to discover that I have officially lost 25 lbs. I am really very excited and I am celebrating by giving myself a day off. A real day off. I did next to nothing. AND I am having chips. I waited two days, I let my craving really settle in and then I said to myself "Yes, you may have this!" Tomorrow morning Lulu and I will go for a big walk to try and mitigate it a little but I refuse to feel guilty for this indulgence. There I said it!
I do wish I wasn't so "live and die by the scale" but I am. 1lb gain last week through me off for days and today I am euphoric. At the end of the day all that should really matter is that I am healthy. That is why I am doing this. I want to be healthy and I want to prolong my life. Because life is good.
I was talking with a very close girlfriend of mine this morning and her life just SUCKS at the moment. It seems to me her life sucks a lit of the time. She just can't seem to get ahead. At the moment her phone is cut off, as is her TV and cable. The power company says they are going to cut off her power on Friday if she doesn't cough up $1,200.00 which of course she has no way to do because she is on welfare. She is a single mom of two kids and every choice she makes seems to be the wrong one. I don't know how she keeps getting in and out of these scrapes but I do sit back and thank god or the universe or plain ol' good fortune for all the blessings in my life. I mean |Gil and I are broke, don't get me wrong, but we are broke in a whole other kind of way. We are.... house poor... as a friend of mine once described it. I mean we don't have a couple thousand spare dollars just floating around other wise we would have a finished floor in the basement but we did eat out today for both breakfast and dinner. We hit Starbucks because I can't contemplate Saturday without Starbucks. We dropped $80 at the garden center, roughly $100 more at the grocery store and rented a tiller for the day from the Home Depot, that was somewhere around $60. And that is a totally average weekend day for us. Our cell phone bill, power bill, phone/internet bill and mortgage are all paid up. I owe the Water Commission $60 but it isn't due until next week so I am going to let it squeak through until my next pay day. We have a brand new car, two well fed and well groomed dogs, two well fed and healthy cats. Every thing we own is nice. I literally have nothing to complain or worry about.    I mean I do complain and I do worry because I am me but I have to remember from time to time how good I really so have it. I know no matter what when I wake up tomorrow and come down to make my tea the power will be on. We have grand plans for a big breakfast at home which is very strange as we usually have breakfast out on both Saturday and Sunday. How crazy is that? And it's not like we are planning a bowl of cereal and some toast. We went and bought ourselves the fixings for a lovely is somewhat large meal. I never have to worry about being hungry, hell I have a fully stocked pantry in the basement that I never have to worry about running low.
I am blessed. I really am and I just want to tell the universe that I know I am blessed and I am incredibly thankful and even though I only have $10 in the bank I know I am incredibly rich.

No comments: