Thursday, January 26, 2006

Thoughts...

Sneaking a little net time on my lunch break to say Hi, so HI! Things in the land of the Queen are pretty boring, I have this stinking cold that won't go away. I actually took a second sick day on Tuesday (oh the guilt! I can't even being to tell you.) I took a lot of pictures from my sick bed, the poor cat had to endure yet another "mummy's bored" photo session. Maybe I will post some of those pics later. Gil, who is also sick with the same cold, is in PEI again and while I do miss him and am feeling bad for him being sick in a place that is not home, I am happy(ish) that I have the bed to myself. We are not meant to be sick at the same time, it is just not good, I WAY too selfish to share my self. I want to hog the bed and be waited on. When both people are sick there are two sets of gross noises, two people tossing in the bed and NO one wants to go to the store and buy OJ and chicken noodle soup. Yesterday I forgot that Gil was heading back to the Island and I did not bring my keys with me to work so I was locked out until I got ahold of the landlords. Thank goodness for James and Theresa who took me in like the stray I am. It was actually a very enjoyable evening with Pizza and good conversation, as is always the case when Theresa, James and Rena are concerned. Speaking of which I had the most amazing night on Monday. I was invited to the Moir home to watch coverage of the election and I have to say it was one of the best evening I have spent in recent memory. Of course I was disappointed with the results but I feel like I learned more sitting in that livingroom then I did in years. These people are SO smart, driven and passionate. Mix that all with kind and down to earth with good taste is wine and they are pretty much perfect. I guess that is why I like them so much.
As for the actual election results I am not going to rant about that now. I don't like Steven Harper but it could be a lot worse, they could have a majority government and they don't. What's done is done, now it is time for the Liberal party to find a leader who can really LEAD, a juggernaught, a force to be reckoned with. Gives us a couple of years to re-group and we will be back. I have faith. Anyway I must get back to work. YAY.

No comments: