Monday, January 02, 2006

2006-The Year of the Meg

Well the holidays were interesting. About 30 seconds after completing my last blog entry I headed down to make a pot of tea as planned howeverI slipped and too all 15 hardwood stairs on my ass.

The result was that I could not sit for most of Christmas vacation. This picture was taken one week later when most of the bruise had finally set. Let me just tell you that the 4 hour drive to NB on Christmas day was NOT that much fun. However the stay in NB was awsome. We stayed in our PJ's the whole time. Gil and I both read a book each in one afternoon. Gil's dad fed us like we were royalty. It was wonderful! Christmas Eve Day and Christmas Day apart from the massive pain in my bottom were okay but so busy it felt like we didn't really get a chance to enjoy it. We have decided that next year we are going to have a big open house on the 23rd. People can drop by our place and have some food and get their gifties but then on the 24th we are going to drive to NB and spend all of Christmas with Gil's parents. So far we have never woken up with them on Christmas day and I think it is time we do.
The days since Christmas have been ablur of visiting and good food. I did work two days andn by work I mean hang out at the office. Friday I went to the doctor and she told me that the bruise INSIDE was worse then the one I could see and that it went all the way up to my pelvis but the good news is it was going to feel better evenetually. :) Friday Gil and I also hit the boxing day sales and we made out like bandits. We actually bought a artifical tree for a song because I/we decided not to ever go through the Christmas tree song and dance hell ever again. Every year we have a problem with the tree and this year it actually drove me to drink, so we said "NEVER AGAIN!" We also bought new lamps and some organizational help. Not to mention some fun stuff.
Friday night Gil and I exchanged Christmas gifts (we decided to wait a while for that because Christmas was just too busy.) Then we went over and enjoyed a wonderful ham dinner with Tina, Aimee and John. The rest of the weekend has been a blur of visiting, food and gaming.
Speaking of which I should get going because I have both visiting and gaming to do today. it is so hard to believe that tomorow morning I have to get up and go to the office. Oh well it will be a short week, broken up by my birthday. Gil will be away again but I am sure the week will fly by.
Happy 2006 to everyone I love.

No comments: